3/13/08

new illustration

I haven't doodled as much as I should have this week but it was a crazy one. I did sit down for a moment with my sister to watch an episode of Scrubs and scketched a few things for fun.
The initial sketch done in pen.*

A few layers of Prismacolor.

I realized that most of my Prismacolor markers are almost out of marker juice a few days ago. That means its time to make my monthly trip to the art supply store to replenish my art bin and buy the whole darn place again. Also on the list... color PLAKA! I'm truly obsessed with it. It's a milk-based paint that dries to the most perfect velvety matte finish and shows no brushmarks. It's kind of like gouache but much easier to handle.

* I wanted to mention that I was too lazy to look for my Microns for the b&w sketch so I used a regular Uniball pen and regretted it. The water in the markers sent the pen ink washing around and mucking up my drawing. That is why you're not seeing a scan of it. ; )
When using water-based pigment, you must erase all graphite and use a water-proof ink to keep your colors brilliant.

No comments: