2/29/08

oldie but goodie

I haven't had a chance to update recently, but while rummaging through some old photo hosting sites, I was able to dig up an drawing I did that I really loved and spent a lot of time on. Thankfully, I recorded the process of it because it does make me very happy to see it.

It was Art-Nouveau inspired. Done on vellum in graphite, watercolor, and Prismacolor markers. The initial photographed sketch.


My fabulous illustration table. Messy.


The finished drawing was quite large, about 24 inches tall. I gave it away as a gift to an ex-boss for her Birthday a few years ago when I was bartending at The Wine Gallery in Queens.

I was just contacted by a guy who used to be a regular of mine at that place and he said that the Wine Gallery has just closed down. It was sad news to me because I used to adore that place. The people I worked with were wonderful. I will miss it.

Irene (my ex boss) framed and hung the drawing right across the bar for everyone to see. Now I wonder what's happened to it and if it will ever turn up anywhere. It's quite a shame that I only have a 72 dpi photograph of it on my dad's computer.

Lesson learned... save high-quality digital copies of every special piece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Я думаю очень хорошо. Я вспоминаю его от нашей молодости.

Vera Tankhimovich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vera Tankhimovich said...

lol.. who is this...