2/14/08

new illustration - Vday edition

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! In the spirit of this Hallmark holiday, I decided to go for a little bit of a theme.

I am still working on the book cover I wrote about last week, so check back to see the finished version later on. In the meantime, I am just trying to keep my hand limber by drawing little things here and there because inking and coloring really does cramp my hand right up.



This is the initial sketch, done losely with graphite, drawing from my head.

The overall inking in black Micron size 03.


Here I picked up the graphite with an eraser.

Here, I used Microns in different sizes to fill in the details, like the girl's stockings and the guy's ribbed sweater.

This was colored quickly with Prismacolor markers.

Sorry for the bad quality of these, I had to take photos of my progress in really weak evening light.

No comments: