2/15/08

Book Cover Progress


So I have decided to color this drawing digitally in Illustrator. It's taking an amazingly long time but I've got another week before deadline so I actually feel good about taking my time to do it carefully.

I am working in transparent layers of about 45% while mapping out shapes using the pen tool. I decided to keep the palette pretty neutral because it seems to fit very well with the book's subject matter.

While in the initial drawing of the illustration, I worked on the top-most "layer" first, in this step, I work on the background first and leave the main figures for the end. I'm not really sure why I work that way, but it seems to make sense to me.

The next step would be bringing the image into Photoshop and kicking up the line art a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.