5/10/08

poster illustration progress
























click on image to view large

so my leaping guy now has some color and i am adding some shadows and highlights in the buildings. Was thinking about adding his own shadow on the buildings but I feel he's too high up in the sky for that to look 'real'.

This isn't the final color palette which gives me a bit of anxiety. I've got more than 10 colors in there already and I have no idea how I'm going to simplify it down to just 4. I just don't like simple. I like complex and detailed.

I am planning on finishing the poster tonight. I am guesstimating about 5 more hours. Don't know if that will actually happen because my eyes are exhausted. So much to do. The weekend isn't long enough.

5 comments:

The Eyechild said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Eyechild said...

Illustration looks great...

I suppose if you really wanted to get the maximum amount of tone out of the colours you're using you could create swatches with fine dots (like halftoning)...

Speaking of images with shadows on buildings, I love
this pic
by David Foldvari.

Anonymous said...

very good... inspired by a genius

Roman Serebryakov said...

like your style, it feels so smooth and dreamy. I see that you don't put too much contrast between colors, but that's what make your design so special

Anonymous said...

Hi, Merely returned here to advise you regarding Mobile Monopoly. It is a great technique and WILL make you money, especially seeing as you own a website. Take a quick look at the video, the system is about using Mobile Advertising which is completely new and an unexposed marketplace where you can make thousands by doing hardly any work. I assure you that after you watch their short video it will change you and it will start making you think. http://mobile-mastermind.com